- We explored our own definitions of our nouns, Google‘s and an formal dictionary definition.
- We also looked up synonyms and antonyms.
- We searched the Oxford English Dictionary for the historical uses of our word.
- Next we found 3-5 quotes spanning time that had our word in there.
- And we discovered what, if anything, the Urban Dictionary had to say about our word.
- I asked you to draw your word.
- Then you created a concept map of your word.
- With all of this information fresh in your minds, you then created a new definition based off of this.
- You are tweeting daily now about your abstract noun.
- WJ3: Topic is something (anything really) to do with your word. Expand upon your daily tweets, weave them together, fiction, non-fiction, etc. Your choice… But it must be 500-750 words (add word count on the bottom) and be published/tweeted on your blog by 11:59pm on Sunday.
- Finish reading Essay in NRR
- QQ 5 due two hours before class & Tweet your Thoughts
- Bring Laptops if you have them, if not, you can use classroom computers